›› National Bank Direct Brokerage – brokerage for autonomous investors
›› National Bank Investments – managed asset product manufacturing
›› National Bank Trust – trust services and institutional custody
›› National Bank Correspondent Network – execution, clearing and custody for market intermediaries
›› Partnership Banking – white-labeled and branded transactional and credit products for financial intermediaries
• Financial Markets – financial services to corporations and governments from offices in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London and Hong Kong.
›› Debt and equity financing
›› Mergers and acquisitions
›› Securities trading for institutional investors
›› Economic, sector and company research
›› Subsidiaries operating in the areas of consumer finance, alternative investments and hedge fund overlay management.
National Bank - Awards and Accomplishments
• For the 10th consecutive year, on the annual list of 50 Best Employers in Canada (2015).
• CEO Louis Vachon named Canada’s CEO of the Year for 2014 by Canadian Business magazine.
• For 3rd year in a row, named in top 20 of The World’s Greenest Banks by Bloomberg Markets magazine (2014).
• Recipient of 2 Best Banking Awards for quality of its customer service – Ipsos 2014 Best Banking Awards in Canada.
• In 2014, among Top 25 Best Canadian Brands according to Interbrand.
• Ranked No. 1 in Mobile Banking among the country’s largest banks by Surviscor’s 2013 Canadian Mobile Banking scorecard.
• Attributed the Structured Products House of the Year, Americas Award by London’s internationally renowned Structured Products magazine (2014).
• Recognized for its innovative and highly flexible “Bespoke Notes Program” by mtn-i (the internationally known organization in the structured products sector), becoming the first Canadian bank to take home honours for its made-to-measure products offered to individuals. (2014).
• Among world’s 20 strongest banks by Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Rankings (2013, 2012, 2011).
• Ranked by StarMine (2013) in the Top 3 Canadian Dealers for All-Star analysts.
• National Bank Direct Brokerage (NBDB) clients most satisfied self-directed investors in Canada,according to J.D. Power (2013).
• In 2012, ranked among Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone.
• Concluded 7 wealth management acquisitions in the past 6 years.
• Successfully completed one of the largest asset conversions in Canadian financial history with its recent acquisition of TD Waterhouse Institutional Services.
• Canada’s leading provider of execution, clearing & custodial services to independent portfolio managers and introducing brokers.
National Bank – Awards and Accomplishments
• Traces its roots back to 1902.
• A full service IIROC-registered investment dealer providing a comprehensive menu of advice, financial products and services.
• Offers a continuum that extends from simple investment recommendations and execution all the way to holistic wealth optimization advice and discretionary portfolio management.
• Advisors supported by a team of industry-leading analysts and economists, as well as financial planning, estate, risk protection and banking specialists.
About National Bank Financial – Wealth Management
• More than 900 Investment Advisors
• A 107-branch network that extends from Halifax to Victoria
• 5th largest investment dealer in Canada as measured by assets under administration
• A pan-Canadian market share of close to 10%
• Managing and advising on $86 billion for over 325,000 individual clients
• Cutting-edge technology
• A state-of-the-art discretionary portfolio management platform.
• A full suite of managed products designed using an open architecture principle with all asset management done by external portfolio managers.
The strength of our Financial Markets division translates into powerful benefits for NBF Wealth Management’s Investment Advisors and their clients, such as:
• One of Canada's top economic forecasting teams
• Capital markets research recognized as some of the industry’s best
• Participation in all of the major underwriting syndicates, which gives clients a good selection of new equity issues
• A broad and deep inventory of fixed income thanks to National Bank's positioning as the country’s leading underwriter of government debt
• A steady supply of innovative new derivatives-based products reflecting our widely recognized market leadership in this area.